Sunday, May 2, 2010

How slack have I been?

Ok so I have been really slack about blogging my progress. Hoever I am about to rectify that...lol

this morning i completed week 9 day 1 I have been thinking about what I will do when I finish the c25k program just 2 runs away...I got a nike + sensor and I am really happy with the results of todays run you can set it to run with your music and then put the c25k app over the top of it so I can use it to finish the c25k program and then continue to have a structured runing partner as I move forward. I really only need to run 3 times a week for about 30 mnutes to be able to meet my current goals..they may change in fact they often do...lol

ok the 200/100 programs for sit ups and push ups... I have fallen off the wagon a bit with these. I have made it to week 5 with both programs but last week I didn't do anything with them...I think I can pick up where I left off with the sit ups but the push ups are another matter. I think I am going to drop back to the start of week 3 and move forward with them from there. I am really struggling with these and not working on them for a while has not helped.

I have also had some changes in my Karate and I will be training with another teacher from now on...I expect the classes to be quite difficult so the sit ups and push ups may have to move over to the side for a bit...I plan to try and at least maintain my current levels so that I don't loose any ground but I really need to concentrate on the Karate that has always been my number one fitness and exercise priority.

I am relieved to have made the decision not to run the mothers day classic although I would have liked to do that I really feel that I currently have enough on my plate...good news though i do plan to do it next year with a friend who is going to use the c25k program to get to a point where she can do it with me.

I Have posted each of my runs on the c25k forums so I haven't been totally slack just a bit slow posting here...

between work, Karate and my other fitness programs I don't seem to have too much time for blogging...lol
ok so I hope to keep this up to date a bit more as I move into the relms of post c25k
thanks for reading
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. When the time and circumstances are right, I know you will really enjoy your first race! That said, I hope my other comment didn't sound pushy about doing a race ... I'm just enthusiastic ;) Sounds to me like you know yourself and have your priorities in order, and the running and situp/pushup programs can't help but support & improve your efforts in karate!

    My C25K graduate running friend LOVES her Nike+ because the online site has so many different kinds of challenges that help keep her motivated - even with 2 little ones and a 3rd on the way. I'm a little green with envy ... :)

    ReplyDelete