Monday, May 3, 2010

decisions decisions

ok I am back I have been doing some serious thinking with regards to the 100 push ups program. Over a 4 week period of time I went from 10 push ups to 30 off my toes good form push ups but It is definitely pushing me to my limits. I have therefore decided to take a step back and work on doing the girly push ups off my knees and getting to 100 that way with a view to moving back onto my toes after hitting this modified goal first. I am planning on maintaing the 200 sit ups program as is and moving on to week 5 tonight... I have 2 runs left in the c25k program and I will do one run tomorrow (if I can get out of bed) and the next run on either Thursday, Friday or Saturday depending on how things go. I saw the doctor today about my left shin just below the knee I actually thought I may have done something serious to it when I fell the other day however he asures me that if I had chipped or fractured the bone in any way I wouldn't be walking around on it. so basically I will give it a day or two and if it hasn't improved I will have an X-ray to make sure it has not got any major issues...it actually doesn't give me any grief at all unless I touch it so I think I will just avoid touching it...lol this approach works if I don't fall asleep and roll over...

I have a Karate competition coming up in June and I have to decide if I will compete in both discaplines i.e Kata and Sparring...I have lots of encouragement to do the Sparring but I am not so sure it would be wise some of those 18 year old girls have skills that are off the charts....The Kata will still be stiff competition but I am not worried about winning or loosing just making a good effort and not stuffing up too badly.

i have some time to make up my mind on this in the mean time back to do my sit ups...
night for now.
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! I am so proud of you girl! Keep it up . . . .congrats on nearing this first milestone

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you are already so close to C25K graduation!! And to think of all the other balls you're juggling with the karate, the sit-ups, the squats, and the push-ups. I may have to make a special graduation certificate for you! (Send me an email via my blog, so I'll know how to get it to you!)

    ReplyDelete