Friday, April 9, 2010

updates and on to week 6

ok so I have been pretty slack on the blogging side of things this week. We spent a week at a bushland resort and I love doing that during the school holidays at this time of year. we swim, play mini golf, table tennis, pool, canoe, and paddle boat on the lake and if your a nutter like me you run and do your push ups and situps program. after my best run ever on week 5 day 2 I came down with a rotten head cold and breathing was a real pain. my first attempt at week 5 d 3 that was supposed to be a 20 min run was shocking I ended up inserting 3 intervals of walking because I just couldn't cut it. However there is a more positive note to this because on Wednesday I went out and did that run and made it all the way no stops. It was not pretty it was very slow but I made it so today I need to move onto week 6. I should have done it yesterday but with packing up to come home and driving back here i was not in any state to run. I have managed to hit some good figures for the push ups and sit ups program although the most push ups in a set still remains at 20 for the moment although it was a total of 73 push ups over 4 sets for the day so I was pretty happy with that. The situps are cool though because I have made it to 120 in a single set and that was after doing 4 previous sets so it brought the total up to 255 in short period of time. I didn't bother with the squats program because I know I can already do the 200 I guess that comes from years of riding horses and 3 years of Karate. lots of leg use in both sports...lol
oh well its off to fold washing for a while before our guests arrive. then I need to get out and run...
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. You are becoming a fitness goddess!! Bravo! Thanks for stopping in over at my place as well. You ahd asked about the logging of the exercise - -I use the logger that is online - - I still am "in the dark" when it comes to all of the fancy stuff that the phones can do. I have an LG VU touchscreen and it is all I can do to get my sausage-like fingers to be able to dial it! Congrats on all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian, I love your blog... thanks for the kind words I think the fitness goddess is probably a bit of a stretch.. but hey I do like the pat on the back...lol
    my phone does not help me much at all as I have a blackberry supplied by work so I don't use it much for personal stuff. I did invest in an ipod touch for my fitness stuff and it is great... records all the programs for sit ups, push ups and c25k. Thanks for stopping by its great to have new friends

    ReplyDelete