Monday, March 14, 2011

back again....

Ok so Here I am again....
My Gym program has been totally revamped and I am having a great time lifting weights, Training at Karate and just being alive.....
I am currently a 2nd Kyu brown belt and I am waiting for the opportunity to try and grade.   My goal is to make it to 1st Kyu in September 2011 that would set me up to be on track to get my Black Belt (shodan Ho) in September 2012...  There is a small posibility that I could grade in March or June but the March grading is next Saturday and I have no invitation yet so that is highly unlikely.  I will wait and see what happens but if I make it by September I will be happy.  That would be 1 year since my last grading and a resonable expectation for me so long as I keep training hard....

The revamped Gym program is awesome I have worked through the 2 day program fully once and did day one again today....I really struggled with the extra weights that I am lifing the first day but I got through it all and even though I really felt it I have been able to go back and add extra weight to  70% of the different exercises....

I am not really running at the moment except for a short 20 min run on the treadmill for day 2 of my gym program.  As I said in my last post goals change.....  OK so at this time I have strength  goals that basically say I want to be able to double the weights that I am lifting over the next 12 weeks and fitness goals that include 100 push ups and 200 decline sit ups.....Karate goals were listed above 1st Kyu by September and black belt by September 2012 that basically means improving all techniques and Kata's and hitting my fitness goals.  So I will keep you up to date with things as they progress...have a great week.  :)

2 comments: